E-Portfolio Help Office Hours
Feel free to visit our office in Speakman 209 for e-portfolio help.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10:00AM-12:00PM & 1:00PM-3:00PM
- Tuesday: 2:30PM-3:30PM
- Thursday: 2:30PM-5:00PM
Need to make a brand new e-portfolio?
Please see the complete guide from the department here.
Just need to convert to the new theme?
If you are a current MIS major using the old theme on Community, use the instructions below to migrate your e-portfolio to the new template. This will allow you to use all the new capabilities. It is no longer possible to request PRO points using the old template/theme. The old template/theme will also be removed shortly.
- Go to http://community.mis.temple.
edu/ and login using your Temple AccessNet id and password. If the password does not work, please visit http://accounts.temple.edu.
- Make sure your e-portfolio is connected to your profile.
- Hover on Hello, … (on the top right) and hover on Profile, and then click Edit to access your community profile.
- Click Professional Details. Paste in the URL of your site in the E-portfolio field (e.g., http://community.mis.temple.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.
- Hover on My Sites (top left of the screen) and hover over your e-portfolio name, click Dashboard.
- Activate the student e-portfolio theme by hovering on Appearance (on the left near the middle) and click Themes. Hover on the student e-portfolio theme and click Activate.
- Visit the site by clicking Visit site.
- If the picture is blurry, click Edit next to the picture.
- Next, click SELECT YOUR FILE to upload a professional high-resolution picture. FYI – If a picture file size is 1 MB or larger, it is usually a high-resolution picture.
- Next, crop the image using the cropping handles.
- A typical avatar shows the face, collar, and top of the shoulders.
- Click CROP IMAGE to complete.
- Visit your e-portfolio to check the picture.
- If the Major or Graduation Date is incorrect, click Edit next to each item and update.
- Edit the home page by clicking on Edit Page at the top.
- Remove the extra picture (if you originally had one in your home page)
- Update the content (if needed)
- On this new theme, you can add menus to organize your content.
- In the Dashboard, hover on Appearance, and click on Menus.
- Add existing pages to the menu by using the Pages option available on the left.
Tip: Plan on 4-6 main menu items. More than 4-6 items will wrap to the next line, which will look ugly, making your site hard to navigate. Instead, create sub-menu items under the main menu items: Drag the desired sub-menu item to the right in the Menu Structure.
- Click Create Menu to complete the process.
- Personalize the site by changing the tagline. The tagline is displayed by search engines and is visible on the right side of your site name in the browser tab.
- In the Dashboard, hover on Settings and click on General.
- Change the default tagline by either removing it or by adding something more relevant (e.g., ‘Fox BBA in MIS student’)
- Click Save Changes.
- Your Professional Achievements will automatically display on the left hand side
- The title of the displayed items can be personalized and associated to specific posts.
- In the Dashboard, hover on Professional Achievement, then Manage Points.
- Click personalize to change the relevant settings.
Still need help?
Contact Prince Patel at email@example.com